Candied peanuts are a beautiful snack alternative, offered you eat an inexpensive portion. Peanuts are filled with wholesome fat, fiber, and vitamin and are very cheap. Word that dry-roasted peanuts include high-FODMAP components like onion powder and different seasonings, and won’t work for this recipe.
Candied Peanuts [Vegan]
- 2 cups (250 g) unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) water
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt (non-obligatory)
- Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper. Place the peanuts, water, and sugar in a big pan or pot over low warmth and prepare dinner till the sugar is melted.
- Stir always till the combination thickens right into a syrup, adjusting the warmth as crucial in order that the sugar doesn’t burn; don’t let it boil.
- The combination will start to alter from clear to gentle amber in about 10 minutes. Be affected person—it’ll occur.
- The liquid will abruptly grow to be thicker and will probably be virtually fully evaporated. At this level, stir till the peanuts are coated and seem glazed, then take away the pan from the warmth.
- Sprinkle the salt over the nuts, if utilizing.
- Unfold the peanuts on the ready baking sheet right into a single layer, gently separating with two forks, if crucial. When cooled fully, place the nuts in an hermetic container, or separate into 1-ounce (28 g) servings and bundle individually.
These are very simple to make, however you’ll need to be affected person.
The secret’s to take it gradual to keep away from burning the sugar.