Rhubarb crumble with clotted cream
Ollie Dabbous from Hide, London, mentioned of this recipe: “An English basic that may be made with retailer cabinet substances and no matter fruit is in season, so it is excellent for the present predicament we discover ourselves in.
“I wish to bake the crumble topping prematurely. This, mixed with the addition of porridge oats, makes certain the crumble lives as much as its identify. There’s a complete debate as to what to serve it with — cream, custard, ice cream, or combos thereof — and it is a fully private and typically fairly idiosyncratic alternative. My private favourite is clotted cream.”
500g rhubarb, Pressured Yorkshire if potential
Half a lemon, juice and zest
– Lower the rhubarb into 2cm items, then cook dinner 400g of it with the sugar and lemon juice in a pan on a medium warmth for 10 minutes (lid on for the primary two to 3 minutes), stirring till simply cooked.
– Take away from the warmth, add the remaining rhubarb and blend in. At this level, you’ll be able to add a
sprinkle of lavender, a spoon or rosewater, or some raspberries.
– Place in a baking dish, it ought to come midway up the edges.
150g salted butter
175g plain flour
120g mushy brown sugar
75g porridge oats
20g poppy seeds
– Preheat oven to 160°C (320°F).
– Combine every thing collectively in a kitchen support or by hand till it resembles coarse breadcrumbs,
then switch to a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes, stirring midway by, till gentle golden and crunchy.
– Preheat oven to 180°C (356°F).
– High the rhubarb compote with the crumble combine, then bake for 20 minutes till sizzling beneath and golden on high.
– Take away from the oven and funky for a few minutes.
– Serve with custard, cream, or ice cream.