Is it doable that the very best beer can hen recipe isn’t actually in regards to the beer?
With regards to grilling, the very best beer can hen recipe could make a mean griller seem extra like a grill grasp. Though everybody has their finest recipe tips, ideas and hacks, this explicit recipe from Chef Chris Santos proves, beer can hen is extra than simply the beer.
Typically recipe inspiration comes from favourite drinks. Whereas many individuals prepare dinner with beer, it isn’t the one beverage that may carry taste to the grill. Typically pairing that beer with one other beverage may be the right pairing.
Just lately, Jagermeister launched its Deer & Beer program. The thought is to indicate how that flavorful liquor pairs nicely with numerous beers. Whether or not drunk as a shot, in a cocktail or paired with a beer, the flexibility of this liquor is obvious.
Since many individuals get pleasure from a superb beverage whereas grilling, the beer can hen recipe has turn into a strategy to prepare dinner with a favourite beverage. Whereas the recipe is comparatively simple to grasp, not all recipes are created equal. Chef Chris Santos is sharing his particular recipe and trick.
Chef Chris Santos has been on the helm of many celebrated eating places. Whereas many individuals would possibly know him from Meals Community exhibits, the chef is sharing is secret for the very best beer can hen recipe.
Based on Chef Santos, this recipe is a riff on a roasted hen dish on his Los Angeles restaurant’s menu. As a fan of Deer & Beer, he thought to mix the 2 concepts right into a single recipe.
Santos revealed an necessary tip. He mentioned, “the dry rub is the key to the dish and right here I’ve adjusted it to incorporate among the identical spices present in Jägermeister itself, and have poured out a bit of little bit of the beer and changed it with Jägermeister. The result’s a hen so juicy, and so out-of-this-world scrumptious, it’s laborious to explain.”
As seen on this recipe, the Jagermeister provides some fragrant notes to the dish. With the daring spice rub, this hen will turn into a grill grasp staple.
Right here’s the way to make the very best beer can hen recipe.
Jagermeister 10-Spice Rub, Toasted
- 20 g star anise
- 20 g entire coriander
- 14 g cumin
- 16 g caraway seed
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 g allspice
- 2 g nutmeg
- 2 g floor cloves
- 4 g floor ginger
- 13.5 g ancho chile powder
- 23 g kosher salt
- Warmth a sauté pan over medium excessive warmth. Add the entire entire spices
- Toss and toast till the aromas of the spices begin to launch about 3 min
- Add all substances to the blender and grind
Beer Can Rooster
- 10-spice rub
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 can German beer
- 2 pictures of Jägermeister (3 oz)
- Pat the hen dry with paper towels
- Rub hen with oil and rub, be sure to get contained in the hen cavity
- Let hen sit in a single day
- Open the beer and pour out ½ cup of the beer
- Add 1 shot of Jägermeister to the beer can
- Add the opposite shot of Jägermeister to the ½ cup of beer
- Place the beer can within the butt of the hen, so it stands up vertically
- Place hen in a roasting pan
- Roast at 375 levels for 1 hour 15 min or till the interior temperature of the hen reads 165 levels
- Baste all through the cooking course of with residual beer and Jägermeister combination
Are you going to make the very best beer can hen recipe this weekend? What grilling recipe tip are you able to share?