WITH Halloween simply across the nook, Jason’s Sourdough has teamed up with meals blogger Jennifer Leigh to create a spooky pumpkin soup recipe.
Greatest served with cheese toasties as gooey dips, this vegan recipe is bound to have the entire household feeling ghoulish this October.
Vegan spooky pumpkin soup with sourdough toasties
Components for the soup:
The flesh of 1 medium-sized pumpkin (Or butternut squash for comfort. Maintain the pumpkin/squash for the soup bowl)
2 medium-sized candy potatoes
A punnet of cherry tomatoes
1 complete jar of beetroot slices (plus juice for colouring)
A handful of basil
Smoked paprika spice
For the cheese toasties:
Jason’s Sourdough Craft Beer Ciabattin
Vegan Cheese Slices (we used Violife on this recipe)
Vegan butter to unfold
Non-obligatory: Vegan greek yoghurt for the pentagram design
1. Minimize the top of the pumpkin and carve out the stringy flesh. Set the pumpkin seeds apart to roast as an non-obligatory soup topping, or to make use of at a later date.
2. Minimize into the edges of the pumpkin and chop into bite-sized chunks to roast for the soup. In the event you’re utilizing the identical pumpkin as a bowl (like photographs counsel), don’t reduce too near the edges.
3. Chop and peel two medium-sized candy potatoes into comparable bite-sized chunks
4. Add each the pumpkin and candy potato items to a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil, paprika spice and garlic spice and roast for 20 minutes. In the event you’re utilizing the pumpkin as a bowl, observe the identical methodology and brush olive oil throughout the pumpkin to permit it to crisp up
5. After 20 minutes, take the baking tray out of the oven and add the cherry tomatoes to the identical tray. Bake for one more 10 minutes.
6. As soon as full, mix all substances, with beetroot slices right into a meals processor and mix into soup. Add additional beetroot juice till soup reaches desired consistency.
7. Serve up and luxuriate in!
Cheese toasties methodology:
1. Minimize your Jason’s Craft Beer Ciabattin Sourdough slices right into a spooky form. We’ve made oracle toasties with a heart-shaped cutter, then used a bottle high to punch by way of to create the opening.
2. Utilizing your oracle-bread as a template, reduce the identical form out of the vegan cheese slices.
3. Toast your sourdough slices till barely brown.
4. Create a sandwich utilizing your cheese slices and butter each side and add to a baking tray.
5. Place the cheese toasties underneath a grill on medium warmth for 10-Quarter-hour.
6. Dunk into the soup and luxuriate in!
l Recipe created by Jennifer Leigh (jenuinely.vegan) in partnership with Jason’s Sourdough.