Though traditional caramel apples will at all times be on our record of favourite fall snacks (apple cider doughnuts, you are superb, too), can all of us agree they’re just a bit bit laborious to eat? Boiling caramel is a tad terrifying, plus there’s at all times the concern of cooking your caramel an excessive amount of (good day, hard-as-a-rock apples!) or too little, which causes the caramel to only slide off. Even when caramel apples are your factor and you’ve got mastered it, you continue to in all probability need one thing that is a little bit faster and simpler (however nonetheless completely scrumptious) generally. For these lazy fall afternoons while you’re craving one thing heat and candy on the fly, these caramel-stuffed apples are the right factor to make.
Utilizing simply six easy substances, most of which you in all probability already having mendacity round (i.e. apples, cinnamon, sugar, butter, caramel candies, and chocolate chips), these delicate and candy apples will soften in your mouth. Share these with household and associates (they’re superb as an after-dinner dessert with vanilla ice cream on the facet) or munch on them solo while you simply really feel like lounging at house and treating your self.
- 2 apples
2 tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons sugar (each brown sugar and common sugar work)
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/4 cup water
16 chewy caramel candies
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 levels.
- Make your cinnamon sugar by mixing collectively your sugar and cinnamon. Put aside.
- Minimize apples in half.
- Utilizing a melon baller or only a common spoon, core apples.
- Place halved apples in a shallow baking dish.
- Brush every apple half with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar (depart a few tablespoon for later).
- Pour water into the baking dish with the apples and place in oven for 20 minutes.
- Take out your apples from the oven and add 3-4 caramels to the nicely in every apple.
- Place the dish again within the oven for 15 extra minutes.
- Whereas the caramel melts, soften your chocolate chips within the microwave (defrost setting works greatest).
- Take out the apples, drizzle with the chocolate, and sprinkle with extra cinnamon sugar.
- Get pleasure from!
- 4 servings
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook dinner Time
- 35 minutes
- Whole Time
- 39 minutes, 59 seconds
Picture Supply: POPSUGAR Images / Camila Barbeito