This Lentil, Herb, and Mango Salad is so superb! Made with inexperienced lentils, marinated pink onion, numerous contemporary herbs and ripe mango, it’s the excellent summer season meal or aspect dish. The walnut French dressing brings all of it collectively and provides it a wealthy nutty taste.
Lentil, Herb, and Mango Salad [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 1 1/2 cups dry inexperienced lentils, rinsed properly with a fine-meshed sieve
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth (do-it-yourself -or- bouillon dice + water -or- one other variety)
- 2 cups chopped contemporary herbs (a great handful of every: basil, mint, and coriander)
- 1 massive contemporary ripe mango, peeled and sliced in fantastic strips
- 1 medium-size pink onion, finely sliced
- Garnish (choice): walnuts roasted within the oven at 392°F for five to 7 minutes
For the Walnut French dressing:
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 cup walnut oil
- 3/4 tablespoon grainy mustard (e.g. Dijon)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon pink pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt & a number of turns of cracked pepper
- In a medium saucepan, carry the vegetable inventory to a boil. Add the lentils and cut back the warmth to low-medium warmth. Permit to prepare dinner half lined for 25 to half-hour till lentils are tender however not mushy.
- Drain the lentils with a meshed sieve and allow them to cool utterly within the sieve. When cool, you possibly can both retailer the lentils in a lined container within the fridge and make the salad later or proceed immediately with the recipe.
- In a salad bowl, add the cooled lentils. Then add the chopped herbs and mango strips and toss gently.
- Slice the pink onions and place them in a small bowl. Put aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the French dressing substances collectively. Pour the French dressing combination into the pink onions and allow them to marinate for five minutes. (Marinating the onions will make them much less robust, nonetheless, when you like them robust then omit this half and add the onions and French dressing individually into the lentils).
- Add the French dressing with the pink onions to the lentils and gently toss. Cowl and refrigerate for a short time (e.g. 15 min.) or serve instantly. Alter salt and pepper to style. Garnish servings with roasted walnuts and/or a number of leftover herb leaves.