Deep down, I do know meals like chocolate chip pumpkin muffins, cheesecake-stuffed french toast, and sour cream coffee cake are secretly simply desserts disguised as breakfasts, which is all of the extra motive to like them. So, once I noticed a recipe for gluten-free carrot cake pancakes in Kristin Cavallari’s new cookbook True Comfort, I needed to attempt it for myself.
I positively wasn’t enthusiastic about breaking out the field grater very first thing within the morning to peel and grate carrots, however my tastebuds have since satisfied me that it was positively value it. The carrots saved the dairy-free pancakes moist all through and made me really feel like I used to be getting in loads of vitamin A for the day. I topped mine with a beneficiant drizzle of maple syrup and a dollop of coconut cream, just like the recipe recommends, and that second serving actually hit the spot. See methods to make the healthy pancake recipe for your self right here, and please excuse me whereas I whip up an additional giant batch to get pleasure from all week lengthy.
Peel your carrots earlier than grating them, and use the best shredding aspect of a field grater to create small bits of carrot that may turn out to be extra evenly included all through the pancake batter as you stir.
- 2 giant or 3 medium carrots, peeled and grated
1 cup almond flour
1 cup oat flour
1 cup nut milk, comparable to almond or cashew
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup, plus extra for serving (optionally available)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon floor cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon floor nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon floor cloves
Pink Himalayan salt
Virgin coconut oil, for greasing the pan
Coconut cream, for serving (optionally available)
- In a big bowl, stir the grated carrots, oat and almond flours, milk, maple syrup, baking powder, egg, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and a pinch of salt till completely mixed.
- Heat the coconut oil in a skillet set over medium warmth.
- Spoon the batter, utilizing about 1/4 cup per pancake, onto the skillet and prepare dinner for two to three minutes, till the pancakes begin to bubble.
- Subsequent, flip them over and prepare dinner for 3 minutes on the opposite aspect.
- Repeat till you could have used up all of the batter.
- Prime the pancakes with maple syrup and coconut cream, or with your personal favourite toppings, and revel in!
- Breakfast/Brunch, Pancakes/Waffles
- Serves 4
- Prep Time
- Cook dinner Time
- 6 minutes
- Whole Time
- 20 minutes, 59 seconds
Picture Supply: POPSUGAR Pictures / Chanel Vargas