Who doesn’t love Milopita? It’s juicy, scrumptious and aromatic with that candy apple filling…
Milopita (Μηλόπιτα) is a conventional Greek Apple Pie, loved for breakfast, tea, along with your espresso or while you need it!
This scrumptious dessert will be ready shortly, however can be eaten shortly.
*Tip: Milopita goes completely with Greek yogurt or vanilla ice-cream.
- 5 massive pink apples, sliced
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 60 g butter (saucepan)
- 1 cup of self elevating flour
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 100g butter (extra- electrical mixer)
- 3/4 cup sugar (extra- electrical mixer)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts (elective)
- 1 teaspoon of grounded cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease pie dish.
- In a bowl, mix the sliced apples with the lemon juice. Go away to the aspect.
- In a small saucepan over medium warmth, add the butter, sugar and cinnamon. Stir till the sugar dissolves, then take away from warmth.
- With electrical mixer on medium pace, mix the additional butter, further sugar, vanilla extract and egg yolks till mild and fluffy. In two batches, stir in sifted flour and milk.
- In one other bowl, beat egg whites (with electrical mixer) till tender peaks kind. Add into above combination. (Optionally available: add within the walnuts) Combine earlier than transferring combination into pie dish.
- Drain the juice from the apples and stir within the heat sugar combination.
- Prepare the apple slices over the cake combination in pie dish. Drizzle with sugar combination. Place any remaining apple slices on high.
- Place the pie dish into the oven and bake for 35-45 minutes, or till golden brown.
- When prepared, take away the dish from oven.
- Permit the milopita to chill for 10-Quarter-hour.
- Mud with sifted icing sugar and serve with Greek yogurt or vanilla ice-cream. Get pleasure from!
Try our different recipes right here: