As households throughout the nation transition again into extra regular routines this fall with work, faculty — whether or not digital or in-person — and calendars jam-packed with commitments, it’s necessary to seek out methods to avoid wasting valuable time and squeeze in additional moments with family members.
Whereas getting nutritious, scrumptious and reasonably priced meals on the desk to assist gas these busy days is essential, there are methods to chop down the period of time spent within the kitchen every day. Setting apart a pair hours every week to meal prep could make it simpler to serve lunch and dinner on a decent schedule and finances. For instance, this California-Type Tacky Enchilada Casserole may be made in batches forward of time then frozen as particular person parts and reheated when starvation strikes whereas working or studying from residence.
Utilizing ready enchilada sauce, roasted hen and a Hispanic-style cheese mix made with 100% Actual California Milk from California dairy farm households, plus a standard mix of greens and spices, you may be ok with serving your loved ones members a flavorful, dietary and budget-friendly meal every time they attain for an additional serving to.
CALIFORNIA-STYLE CHEESY ENCHILADA CASSEROLE
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Actual California half-and-half, milk or evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup Actual California bitter cream
- Vegetable oil
- 1 1/2-2 cups ready enchilada sauce, divided
- 12 corn tortillas, divided
- 1 cup roasted skinless hen, lower into bite-size items
- 2 teaspoons enchilada seasoning
- 4 cups shredded Actual California Mexican cheese mix, divided, or 1 cup every shredded Actual California Oaxaca, Cheddar, Jalapeño Jack and crumbled Cotija cheeses
- 1 cup canned pinto beans, drained properly
- 1/2 teaspoon floor cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup canned kernel corn, properly drained
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives, properly drained
- 1/3 cup delicate inexperienced chiles, properly drained
- 2 tablespoons of cilantro, minced
- 2 inexperienced onions, sliced
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Actual California bitter cream, for serving
Preheat oven to 350 levels. To make cooking sauce: In bowl, whisk eggs, salt, half-and-half and bitter cream; put aside. Spray casserole dish with vegetable oil.
Assemble first layer by spreading 6 tablespoons enchilada sauce on backside of casserole dish. High with 4 tortillas, overlapping them. Cowl tortillas with 6 tablespoons enchilada sauce.
Assemble second layer by tossing hen with enchilada seasoning. Combine with 3 cups shredded cheese. Layer half chicken-cheese combination over tortillas.
Assemble third layer by seasoning pinto beans with cumin and garlic powder. Unfold beans over cheese-chicken layer.
Assemble fourth layer by overlapping 4 tortillas then cowl with 6-8 tablespoons enchilada sauce. Cowl with corn, olives and chiles. High with remaining cheese-chicken combination.
Assemble last layer by protecting filling with remaining tortillas, overlapped, then unfold remaining enchilada sauce over them. Pour cooking sauce over casserole. High with remaining shredded cheese. Let relaxation not less than half-hour.
Bake 50-60 minutes, or till effervescent. Take away and relaxation 10 minutes earlier than reducing.
Sprinkle with cilantro and inexperienced onions. Serve with lime wedges and bitter cream.