It’s pumpkin season, and also you shouldn’t want an excuse to take pleasure in this festive and candy however lowish-carb ingredient. However simply in case you want a little bit enticement, we wrapped this pumpkin in bacon. Gradual-roasting accentuates the pure brown-sugar sweetness of the pumpkin, and crispy bacon makes every part higher. Get pleasure from these as a snack, an appetizer, or a form of thick-cut keto French fry. We recommend a bitter cream dipping sauce with smoked paprika, which gives cool richness, an echo of the bacon’s smokiness, and a refreshing tanginess.
Keto Bacon-Wrapped Pumpkin Slices
- 1 small pumpkin
- 24 slices of bacon
- ½ cup bitter cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic, zested/minced/pureed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- De-stem pumpkin and slice in half. Scoop the seeds and discard or reserve for an additional use.
- Slice pumpkin into skinny crescents, about ¾” thick.
- Wrap every slice of pumpkin with one strip of bacon. Place on a sheet tray.
- Roast for 45 minutes, or till pumpkin is cooked by and bacon is crispy.
- Make the sauce: mix bitter cream and seasonings in a small bowl.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Diabetes Media Basis, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Basis, All Rights Reserved.